Saturday, June 22, 2013

A bit of sweetness and light before the heavy business

Shit's gonna get real heavy a couple of posts down, so I'm going to start us off with some comedy, which will get darker in increments until we're all in the same mindset.

First off is Ms. Katie Lee, with a song very dear to my heart.




Next up is the somewhat unfairly vilified Gloria Balsam. Widely regarded as one of the worst singers ever to be recorded, she was fearless in putting everything she had into those notes. And for that, I have an unbounded respect for her. It doesn't hurt that she's backed by some impeccable late-70's production values.




Okay, yeah, I realize that Ms. Balsam isn't everyone's acquired cup of tea. If you need some earwash, go listen to some Judy Henske or Nina Simone, and come back when you feel better. We'll wait for you.


Everybody back? Great. Here we go with the Diabolical Biz Markie and some white dudes, tearing Elton John's classic into unintelligible shreds.




And here we have Van Morrison, proving that contractually-obligated albums are crapshoots at best, and creepy medical tracts at worst.




Next in the sequence, Crispin Glover does an incredibly unhinged cover of that beloved Nancy Sinatra gem.




 Frank Zappa did some appropriately wackadoo love songs in his time. Here's one.



There's an incredible Beatles/Stones/Doors/Hendrix song about the wonders of artificial cheez spread, but I can't get the thing to embed. Here's the link.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will mercilessly trash any comments I deem unworthy. So if you're going to be offensive, you damn sure better be funny.

I may feed the trolls if they make it worth my while to do so. Here's a hint: I don't like typos. Run with it!