Saturday, January 25, 2014

Still chill out there, oddly enough

Not the best time in the year for early-morning classroom appearances.  Anyways, for those of you forced to venture out into the arctic winds, I've got some cold-weather songs bundled up and waiting after the jump.


  1. Nintendo - Earth Temple
    I'm starting this playlist out with three songs from videogame soundtracks.  This first one is from Zelda: Wind Waker.
  2. Martin O'Donnell - Alien Corridors
    From Halo: CE.
  3. Kelly Bailey - Android Hell
    From Portal.
  4. Liz Phair - In Love With Yourself
    Early, pre-Guyville Liz.
  5. The Velvet Underground - Oh! Sweet Nuthin'
  6. Marc Bolan & T. Rex - Change
  7. Nick Cave - Darker With The Day
  8. The Velvet Underground - I Found a Reason
  9. Townes Van Zandt - Pancho and Lefty
  10. Belle & Sebastian - Don't Leave the Light on Baby
  11. Capt. Murphy & Marco - Wet Willie For You!
    This is a clip from the first season of Sealab 2021.
  12. Espers - Flowery Noontide
  13. Minus Story - Hold On
  14. MGMT - Hot Love Drama
  15. Angelo Badalamenti - Dub Driving
  16. Drive-By Truckers - Days of Graduation
  17. Space Negros - We Will Fall
  18. Kaada - No You Don't
  19. Dieselhed - Frank
    I usually prefer a measure of lyrical ambiguity in songs, but in this case, I'd really like to know what Frank had to say.
  20. Caribou - Hello Hammerheads
    This very well may be the most starkly unsentimental breakup songs I've heard so far. I dunno what transpired between the two of them, but it sounds pretty damn irrevocable. Ice cold.
  21. Magic Sam - My Love Will Never Die
    Harvey Pekar briefly mentioned Magic Sam in an issue of American Splendor, and boy howdy am I ever glad he did.
  22. Heavy Trash - Under The Waves
  23. Abner Jay - My Middle Name Is The Blues
    I discovered this via Ghostcapital's excellent Holy ☆ Ghost Power! mixtape, which you really ought to get up on.



Also:


No comments:

Post a Comment

I will mercilessly trash any comments I deem unworthy. So if you're going to be offensive, you damn sure better be funny.

I may feed the trolls if they make it worth my while to do so. Here's a hint: I don't like typos. Run with it!