Saturday, December 21, 2013

NSFW - Selections which present an appalling lack of holiday spirit

For those of you that have been caught in retail-drone work or gift-gathering torture, I put together an antithesis of X-Mas Muzak. Most of the selections would be considered objectionable by the family-values crowd, so be judicious in your choice of listening environment.

Total playtime: 1 hour, 35 minutes
  1. Nichols and May - Merry Christmas, Doctor
  2. National Lampoon - The Evil Santa
    As with the following five selections, this contains a bad attitude towards a mythic figure.
  3. Dance The Bridge - Santa Knows
    This one comes to us via Invade My Privacy, the proprietors of which brought Sabertooth Swordsman into the comicbook world.
  4. Joe Pesci - If It Doesn't Snow On Christmas
  5. Clarence Carter - Back Door Santa
    Them horns sound familiar, somehow.
  6. Wesley Willis - Kris Kringle is a Car Thief
    What's Santa's real story, eh? Now it can be told!
  7. The Kids Of Widney High - Santa's In A Wheelchair
    I guess Santa finally got what was coming to him. Incidentally, when I was searching for this song, I discovered that the Kids made a short film!
  8. Stephen Colbert and Willie Nelson - Little Dealer Boy'
    Tis the season for iconoclasm.
  9. igiulamam - You Can't Touch Mormon Jesus
    See above.
  10. Pinkard and Bowden - Put The 'X' Back In Christmas
  11. Bob Rivers - Walking Around in Women's Underwear
  12. Patton Oswalt - Christmas Shoes
    That song he describes is pretty miserable, even by the moribund standards of Christian pop music. By the way, there's an animated version of the Christmas Shoes routine, but I think this version of the rant is funnier.
  13. Neil Young - Frosty the Snowman
    Um... maybe not exactly as advertized.
  14. The Youngsters - Christmas in Jail
  15. Steve Martin and Paul Simon - Silver Bells
  16. Trey Parker and Matt Stone - The Most Offensive Song Ever
    "Most offensive" ever? Nah. I mean, right off hand, there's this. Or anything this guy ever recorded. I find any of these, really, to be more offensive than the South Park song. But I understand that someone else's faith-based mileage could vary. Still, that Joe Aufricht dude needs to be put the fuck down.
  17. The Merle - Look Ma (I'm Drunk and Crying)
    Here we have a long-gone Asheville band. Damn shame they're gone.
  18. Tom Lehrer - A Christmas Carol
    Not one of his best, but it fits.
  19. H.P. Lovecraft Historical Society - I Saw Mommy Kissing Yog Sothoth
    Looks like champagne isn't the only thing that's bubbly, huh?
  20. "Weird Al" Yankovic - Christmas At Ground Zero
  21. Monty Python - Christmas in Heaven
    Everything sunny all the time always!
  22. Spinal Tap - Christmas with the Devil
    Or maybe you're headed in another direction?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will mercilessly trash any comments I deem unworthy. So if you're going to be offensive, you damn sure better be funny.

I may feed the trolls if they make it worth my while to do so. Here's a hint: I don't like typos. Run with it!