Saturday, November 23, 2013

Good food, good eats...

Yes, here they are — fifty(!) songs that, if perhaps not particularly suited to the type of Thanksgiving that you celebrate, then are at least tangentially related to getting one's grub on. Good God, let's eat!





There are leftovers, by the by.

Some assorted notes:

  • Andre Williams - The Greasy Chicken
    It was either Lux Interior or Ivy who once claimed that Williams and the band were all drunk as hell when they recorded this song. I can believe it. Say, you know all about Lux and Ivy's Favorites, right? The Greasy Chicken is one of 'em.
  • Unknown Hinson  - Veggie Burger
    Ah, the myriad wonders of public television.
  • Sifl and Olly - She's a Carrot
    Video's here.
  • Negativland - Milk and Cookies
    This clip comes from the plenty-recommended No Other Possibility.


Despite my best efforts, some tracks just didn't make the final cut. Here are the, uh... the table scraps! Yeah!
  1. Screamin' Jay Hawkins - There's Something Wrong With You
    As committed as I might be to monkey toes and stringbeans as essential additions to anyone's dietary staples, I just could not fit this track into the list. And only in my darkest ironic moments would I consider Feast Of The Mau Maus fit for public consumption. However, they both deserve mention.
  2. Big Dog Eat Child - Jones' Good Ass BBQ & Foot Massage
    I don't think this is real, but by golly it ought to be.
  3. Weird Al - Spatula City
    I did an admirable job of keeping Weird Al food songs off the list, but that's not to say that I never felt temptation.
  4. Dr. Tran - Roybertito's
  5. Dead Milkmen - Nutrition
    Good to have hobbies, I guess.
  6. The Cramps - Don't Eat Stuff Off The Sidewalk
    Good advice, here. Insert tasteless joke re: ladies of negotiable virtue.
  7. The Band That Dare Not Speak Its Name - Peapod Dobbs
    Two minutes into this thing and you'll get why I ultimately decided to drop it from the lineup.
  8. Donny B - Killer Ice Cream Men
    If only it was longer...
  9. Beck - Steve Threw Up
    As an endpoint to a playlist about foodstuffs, there are logical selections to be found, such as this Beck song, or this Screamin' Jay song, or this Bonzo Dog Band song. Sadly, none lend themselves comfortably to a tasteful dinner-party atmosphere. (Your party-atmosphere mileage, of course, may vary.)








And in closing, here's an amazing, NSFW love ballad, brought to us by the same studio that gave the world Surf Nazis, the Toxic Avenger and Sgt. Kabukiman.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will mercilessly trash any comments I deem unworthy. So if you're going to be offensive, you damn sure better be funny.

I may feed the trolls if they make it worth my while to do so. Here's a hint: I don't like typos. Run with it!